Unicorn Being a Jerk by C.W. Moss


Book Type: "graphic novel", picture book for adults

Predictability Factor: Other than the title predicting that Unicorn is a jerk, no.

Cover Art: Look at all these fabulous pictures of ME!

Bed/Bride/Bludgeon: Does not apply.  I am drawing the line at sex with animals (even awesome imaginary ones with rainbow horns).

Character Score: Negative 20 Mr. Micawbers- he is SUCH a jerk!

What's the Story?: Unicorn is a big, fat JERK!

X-Factor: Picture books for grown-ups. 




This book was the perfect thing to jump-start my Friday.  When I saw a while back that a book titled Why Unicorn Drinks was coming out, I immediately thought: What a fabulous title, I have to read that!  Then I realized that there was a previous Unicorn book called Unicorn Being a Jerk so obviously I needed to read that one first.  Technically this book would probably be shelved with the graphic novels, but I like to think of this as a picture book for grown-ups.  Each two-page spread is filled with a drawing and description of Unicorn doing some jerk-y thing.  Such as:


Bringing a guitar to a party.

Or my personal favorite: 


Tearing out the last page of a library book.

His exploits range from the annoying (ignoring the item limit sign in the express line at the grocery store) to the extreme and sometimes downright crass (smoking in a car that contains a pregnant woman).  Moss's delightful watercolor pictures  will have you chuckling before you know it.  

Happy Friday, Y'all!  

Comments