Bathroom transformation

Our bathroom is finished!!!!  It's been all torn up for three weeks and it is finally done!  Basically, we tore out all of the original tile and changed out the sink for something more functional for the tiny space.  I know, I know.  Why would I go and tear out a bunch of original 1940s tile?  It was pink.  Like, Pepto pink.  I couldn't handle it. Not to mention the fact that we left all of the original tile in the downstairs bathroom and the kitchen.  Which is awesome.

But again, the main thing was the fact that the bathroom had zero functionality for two adults getting ready in the morning.  It had a really annoying pedestal sink that you couldn't set anything on or store anything under.  Also, there are now shelves in the shower to stash shampoo bottles on!  I realize this isn't a big deal to anyone but me.  That's fine.  I'm just going to use the internet to shout about it because I'm so damn excited!

Here are some before and after shots:


That's the best shot I can get since the room is so small!







We went from icky pink to a sand color with a mixed glass and stone mosaic trim in gray, brown and green.  And we've got so many more places to keep things now that we've added cabinets and such.  You can't see it in the photos, but there is a brand new shower head too.  *sigh*  It is wonderful.

And here's a photo of us in front of the house:



Tonight's Menu: Some recipe from Food and Wine that I accidentally cut the name off of.  It's like a fancy grilled cheese sandwich with sausage in it.



Comments