There isn't much to say...yet.

I guess I should give you a bit of background.  I live in central Illinois.  I work as a Teen Librarian.  Teens rule.  They are a lot of fun.  But my husband has an awesome new job so we're moving to (drum roll, please): the cheese head state.  Wait.  Folks in the great state of Wisconsin probably don't like being referred to as "cheese heads," do they?  Or maybe it's just those who have no interest in football who would be offended by that.  Crap. 

All technical terms aside, it appears that due to the current economic climate (and the fact that there are two library schools in very close proximity to my new home) I will be unemployed for the time being.  But I'd like to call it "underemployed."  Because I will be employed reading, fixing up our new house and "nesting" as it were- though I can't imagine anyone will pay me to do those things. 

So this blog is a way for me to stay sane.  Maybe I'll talk about things in the world of libraries to keep myself fresh.  Maybe there will be book reviews.  Maybe I'll just tell awful stories.  Either way, it's going to be an interesting ride.  Hop in.

Comments